Open Call for Proposals 2017, round 1
Applications are invited to run Knowledge Exchange Programmes between August 2017 and March 2018.
Our next call is an open call. In responding to this call we would like to encourage applicants to see it as an opportunity to:
- explore the implications of increasing uncertainty in many spheres
- make connections across institutions and across disciplines and between the academic and the non-academic community that would not otherwise be made
- generate fresh insights from the interaction of different perspectives that might not often meet
The call also offers the opportunity to make a contribution to matters that are likely to be the subject of particular scrutiny in this Parliament.
Knowledge Exchange Programmes
The Insight Institute supports programmes that address substantial issues facing Scotland and the wider world, which have the capacity to extend knowledge and inform policy and/or practice. Programmes should be proposed and organised by teams whose composition reflects the multi-discipline and multi-sector remit of the Institute. Programme participants should include academics and members of communities beyond academia, e.g. the public and voluntary sectors, business and industry, as well as bringing in international expertise. Programmes should:
- marshal the existing knowledge of participants and deploy their experience in fresh ways;
- be multi-disciplinary and incorporate policy-maker and/or practitioner knowledge;
- foster ongoing collaboration through a schedule of activities over a number of months, and
- demonstrate the capacity to extend knowledge and inform policy and practice.
Organising teams must include members from at least two of our partner universities:
Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow School of Art, Heriot Watt, St Andrews, Stirling, Strathclyde